users@jersey.java.net

[Jersey] Best practises sending List request parameters using REST

From: bzborow1 <silver_17_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 14:13:31 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Guys,

I'm developing a REST application and I'd like to get some advice on best
practises when you have a list you would like to input. Basically what I am
doing is writing a database query service and i would to be able to search
among many parameters.

What I have is this:

Map<name,value>
String
Date
boolean

What i'm wondering is if anyone had any advice on if there is a way to get
that map value object into the GET request? Right now it works okay if i do
something like: http://server/app/method?name=1,2,3&value=1,2,3

But them I'm forced into matching name1 to value1 and so on. Is there a
better way?

Bill