users@jersey.java.net

Re: [Jersey] Injection question - Guice + HttpServletRequest

From: DirkM <dirk_at_olx.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 13:40:49 -0700 (PDT)

Moises Lejter wrote:

> Would marking it as a Provider work? That would prompt jersey to do
> injection on the instance, when it creates one...

Thanks for the quick response Moises.

The class is actually a connection class that is used to call another web
service in the depths of the application. So I don't think it makes sense
for it to be a provider. However perhaps it can use a provider somehow?

When I was looking at possible solutions I found some posts about
PerRequestTypeInjectableProvider, which I think may be what I need. I must
admit I got very confused about how all the Annotations and
ComponentContexts and so on fit together. Can I create an implementation of
this interface somehow that will provide me HttpHeaders at request time?

Thanks again,
Dirk