users@jersey.java.net

Re: [Jersey] Async processing & https support

From: Paul Sandoz <Paul.Sandoz_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2009 09:01:46 +0200

Hi Sam,

On Aug 2, 2009, at 3:09 AM, Sam Zang wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am developing an application using Jersey.
>
> I would like to know if there is async processing support
> in Jersey.

What type of support do you want?

Comet support using Jersey is being defined in the Atmosphere project:

   http://atmosphere.dev.java.net

Or do you require something a little simpler than comet that suspends
a request until some work is complete to return the response? the
latter is not currently supported in Jersey but it is something we can
work on, and probably should reside in the Atmosphere project as well
(to take advantage of the abstract suspend support across containers)
and is probably quite simple to enable (when the Atmosphere expert
returns back from holiday :-) ).

There are also some improvements to the client side we can make for
supporting async. requests (currently only Future is supported) via
callbacks. More on this in a bit.

> Also, I need to use SSL protocol. Does anyone have an example
> to host Jersey in a web container that supports https?

There are two samples using Glassfish and Grizzly:

http://download.java.net/maven/2/com/sun/jersey/samples/https-server-glassfish/1.1.1-ea/https-server-glassfish-1.1.1-ea-project.zip

http://download.java.net/maven/2/com/sun/jersey/samples/https-clientserver-grizzly/1.1.1-ea/https-clientserver-grizzly-1.1.1-ea-project.zip

Paul.