users@jersey.java.net

Re: [Jersey] Lift support for Jersey checked into trunk

From: Paul Sandoz <Paul.Sandoz_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2009 10:42:10 -0700

On Jun 1, 2009, at 10:07 AM, James Strachan wrote:

> Just a heads up; I figured hosting the jersey plugin for Lift was
> probably best hosted at Jersey, so I've just checked it into the
> contribs directory in trunk.
>
> I created a sub project called 'scala' which contains all the various
> version properties, plugins, repos and other maven bits and bobs which
> are shared across the current two projects. (We might end up with a
> few more scala modules maybe?).
> https://jersey.dev.java.net/source/browse/jersey/trunk/jersey/contribs/scala/
>
> I'll try moving the jersey-scala module under the scala directory too
> to further simply poms and avoid redundant stuff too...

OK. I just checked it out and it installed OK.

> The easiest way to get to grips with these changes is to run the test
> web application (jersey-lift-test). (I don't have glassfish knowledge,
> so have used Jetty like the rest of liftweb as the bootstrap container
> for now but folks can easily refactor those bits to use glassfish etc
> later).
>
> from a local build and checkout you can do
>
> cd contribs/scala/jersey-lift-test
> mvn jetty:run
>
> then view http://localhost:8080 to try out the test web application
>
> or browse the code:
> https://jersey.dev.java.net/source/browse/jersey/trunk/jersey/contribs/scala/jersey-lift-test/
>

> BTW is there a hudson CI build somewhere for Jersey BTW?

Yes, but it is internal, there is a read only version here:

   http://hudson.glassfish.org/job/Jersey/

Looks like there is something wrong with the dependencies, for stuff
already not downloaded but could be a network issue?

> Also is there
> a nightly snapshot maven repo for Jersey?

Unfortunately not, this all needs to be improved but we are limited in
what we can do with this :-) we need a SNAPSHOT repo as well.

Paul.