users@jersey.java.net

Re: [Jersey] Multipart 1.0.3 not finding message body reader

From: Craig McClanahan <Craig.McClanahan_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 00:51:34 -0700

Paul Sandoz wrote:

> On Apr 21, 2009, at 9:36 AM, Mieleton wrote:
>

>> Craig McClanahan wrote:
>>>
>>> I can't think of anything off the top of my head that would change this
>>> between 1.0.2 and 1.0.3, but I do know that this would be the exception
>>> you'd get if you didn't have jersey-multipart-xxx.jar in your
>>> application's classpath. Can you double check that this is still being
>>> included in a 1.0.3 environment?
>>>

>> It should be included correctly.
>>

> Are you using Maven?
>
> Do you also have a dependency on MIMEPull ?
>
> <dependency>
> <groupId>org.jvnet</groupId>
> <artifactId>mimepull</artifactId>
> <version>1.3</version>
> </dependency>
>
> 1.0.3 changed the underlying implementation from JavaMail to MIMEPull
> so as to support very large message body parts without running out of
> memory.
If the original poster is using Maven, this dependency should be picked
up automatically (because it is declared as a dependency in the
jersey-multipart 1.0.3 pom), right?

If the original poster is not using Maven, this is indeed a new
dependency ... and we might want to review the error scenario when this
jar is mistakenly not included.

Craig