users@jersey.java.net

Re: [Jersey] Multipart 1.0.3 not finding message body reader

From: Paul Sandoz <Paul.Sandoz_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 10:42:03 +0200

On Apr 21, 2009, at 9:51 AM, Craig McClanahan wrote:

> Paul Sandoz wrote:

>>> It should be included correctly.
>>>

>> Are you using Maven?
>>
>> Do you also have a dependency on MIMEPull ?
>>
>> <dependency>
>> <groupId>org.jvnet</groupId>
>> <artifactId>mimepull</artifactId>
>> <version>1.3</version>
>> </dependency>
>>
>> 1.0.3 changed the underlying implementation from JavaMail to
>> MIMEPull so as to support very large message body parts without
>> running out of memory.
> If the original poster is using Maven, this dependency should be
> picked up automatically (because it is declared as a dependency in
> the jersey-multipart 1.0.3 pom), right?

Yes.

I realized i forgot to update the dependencies document. It is fixed
now.

> If the original poster is not using Maven, this is indeed a new
> dependency ... and we might want to review the error scenario when
> this jar is mistakenly not included.

Information is currently logged at the level of CONFIG for such cases.
The reason for this is that the jersey-server is not completely
modularized (or a dependency may be on the jersey-bundle) that
contains many components that might not be loaded due to unresolved
dependencies.

Paul.