users@jersey.java.net

Re: [Jersey] Documentation of resource via javadoc or annotations [WAS: Re: [wikis.sun.com] Jersey > WADL]

From: Paul Sandoz <Paul.Sandoz_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 16:12:55 +0100

On Mar 13, 2009, at 4:05 PM, Martin Grotzke wrote:

> On Wed, 2009-03-11 at 10:08 +0100, Paul Sandoz wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am not hugely informed on this matter, but i suspect it may be
>> better to keep closer to the JavaDoc if the common case is that one
>> will want to use JavaDoc + the tags. Is that the most likely
>> scenario?
> For me this is the case: most important information comes from class,
> method and param docs.

If Java annotations, for what were JavaDoc tags, were available would
it still be likely that a developer would want to augment with JavaDoc?

If so then i am not sure there is any ease of use advantage to using
Java annotations, which IIUC is the main reason to utilize Java
annotations. It makes it much easier to generate the WADL, whereas
with JavaDoc the process is much more involved.

Paul.