users@jersey.java.net

RE: [Jersey] Using jersey: Installation and configuration

From: Rabick, Mark A (MS) <"Rabick,>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 11:32:02 -0600

Mohammed,

Pavel's advice includes the comment that 'maven will do it for you'
but like you mentioned in your original post, I too haven't used
Maven. Paul Sandoz posted on his blog a 'christmas present' for
ANT users:

http://blogs.sun.com/sandoz/entry/a_christmas_present_for_jersey

He asked for opinions for ant users to make it easier to obtain the
Core Jersey jars including a zip containing the core jars and
dependencies. If you go to the Jersey 1.0.2 dependency page:

https://jersey.dev.java.net/source/browse/*checkout*/jersey/tags/jersey-
1.0.2/jersey/dependencies.html

There is a link to a zip of Jersey jars and core dependencies,
Excluding 3rd party jars beyond JSON support:

http://download.java.net/maven/2/com/sun/jersey/jersey-archive/1.0.2/jer
sey-archive-1.0.2.zip

FYI, the jersey-bundle.jar includes the 'core server' and
'core client' jars and dependencies. Your server dependencies
Include:

jersey-server-1.0.2.jar jersey-core-1.0.2.jar
        (or jersey-bundle-1.0.2.jar)
jsr311-api.jar (This is the JAX-RS API spec)
asm.jar

The client jars are:

jersey-client-1.0.2.jar, jersey-core-1.0.2.jar
        (or jersey-bundle-1.0.2.jar)
jsr311-api.jar (This is the JAX-RS API spec)

If you want to use JAXB for xml binding, download the jars listed
Under Entity -> JAXB.

Hope that helps.

-mark