users@jersey.java.net

Re: [Jersey] Question: Best practices related to Eclipse project structure

From: Farrukh Najmi <farrukh_at_wellfleetsoftware.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2009 16:44:32 -0500

This may not be quite what you are looking for but....

I have found maven2 to be the best practice for project structure, build
tooling, dependency management, and oh yes IDE integration.
With a maven2 based project you can expect the same project structure to
work "as is" with NetBeans 6.5, Eclipse 3.4, IDEA... Each IDE requires a
plugin to support maven but once you install that your project structure
is completely portable across IDEs. And you get all the benefits of maven:

<http://farrukhnajmi.blogspot.com/2008/02/why-maven-rocks-in-beginning-there-was.html>

BTW Maven has its own structure for project layout which I have begin to
appreciate very much over time.

--
Regards,
Farrukh