users@jersey.java.net

Re: [Jersey] Cleanup of jersey-multipart BodyPartEntity data

From: Samuel Le Berrigaud <samuel.lb_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 08:39:17 +1100

Hi Paul,

I think it is fine for you to remove this directory as it only
contains SNAPSHOTs. Developers should not rely on SNAPSHOTs especially
when the given version has already been released. Ideally java.net
would have 2 repositories, 1 for SNAPSHOTs and 1 for releases. The
releases have to be immutable and of course that means once it is
deployed it cannot be removed. I consider SNAPSHOTs as something that
can go away anytime and once the given version has been released they
are not relevant.

If you ever want to move some artifact you can have a look at using
the relocation elements in poms:
http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-relocation.html.

SaM