users@jersey.java.net

Re: [Jersey] Take 2: Using MessageBodyWriters as Providers for an AccountList and an Account object

From: John O'Conner <john_at_joconner.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 13:12:17 -0700

On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 11:31 AM, Paul Sandoz <Paul.Sandoz_at_sun.com> wrote:

> I suspect the servlet web container is creating a default error page because
> there is no entity built in the response.

Should I always return something in the entity field of a Response? In
my case, I try to retrieve the resource, and if it doesn't exist I'm
just returning a null object.

For now I think I'll try to find out if the servlet container has
defined a "default" 404 handler...which is what I think you're
suggesting.

--
John