users@jersey.java.net

Re:[Jersey] _at_GET, _at_POST... moved to Common Annotations?

From: Rajiv Mordani <rajiv.mordani_at_sun.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2008 23:14:39 -0700

Hi Antonio,
    I am the servlet 3.0 spec lead and thought I should respond to this
(Paul forwarded the question to me).

Initially when we began discussing annotations for servlet 3.0 we
thought it would be a good idea to reuse some of the annotations
like GET, POST etc in Servlet 3.0. However based on discussions it
seemed like the right thing to do was to continue using
the HttpServlet / Servlet interface / abstract class for the method
contracts. So we won't be moving the GET, POST etc annotations
to Common Annotations and this will be reflected in the upcoming public
review of the spec.

- Rajiv