users@jersey.java.net

Re: [Jersey] _at_GET, _at_POST... moved to Common Annotations ?

From: Antonio Goncalves <antonio.mailing_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 23:02:56 +0200

Thanks Paul. But on your side, do you plan to move the annotations to the
Common Annotations and, I suppose, rename them (something like
@javax.annotation.GET instead of @javax.ws.rs.GET) ?
Antonio

2008/10/7 Paul Sandoz <Paul.Sandoz_at_sun.com>

> On Oct 7, 2008, at 6:54 PM, Antonio Goncalves wrote:
>
> Hi,
> I'm reading the servlet 3.0 specification and in the paragraph 8.1 it says
> :
>
> "There are a few annotations from the JAX-RS specification that are being
> reused in this specification namely HttpMethod, GET, PUT, POST, DELETE,
> HEAD. Eventually these annotations would move to the Common Annotations
> specification (JSR 250) if it is shared between the JAX-RS specification
> and this specification."
>
> But I can't find anything in the JAX-RS 1.0 spec about that. The Common
> Annotations spec is only available on the 1.0 version on the JCP website (
> http://jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=250), I can't find the 1.1. Does anybody
> know if these annotations will end-up in Commons Annotation ?
>

> I am not sure, i have forwarded email to the servlet spec lead. The early
> draft review was written in May so things may have changed.
>
> Paul.

Antonio Goncalves (antonio.goncalves_at_gmail.com)
Software architect
Paris JUG leader : www.parisjug.org
Web site : www.antoniogoncalves.org
Blog: jroller.com/agoncal