users@jersey.java.net

Re: [Jersey] Modularizing Jersey: first steps

From: Jakub Podlesak <Jakub.Podlesak_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 14:45:32 +0200

On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 11:59:28AM +0200, Paul Sandoz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I propose the following first steps to modularize Jersey.
>
> Split into three modules + one (in progress):
>
> jersey-core
> jersey-server
> jersey-client
>
> jersey-examples

As a part of modularizing effort, i suggest refactoring
also package names, so that it is clear what module
each package belongs to.

So far it was just:

 com.sun.jersey.(api|impl|spi)

My suggestion would be to have:

 com.sun.jersey.<module>.(api|impl|spi)

E.g. [com.sun.jersey.core.api] would belong to [jersey-core] module,
     [com.sun.jersey.server.api] to [jersey-server] module, etc...

Thoughts?

~Jakub