dev@jersey.java.net

element name wrapper for List<Element> returned by Jersey method.

From: James Russo <jr_at_halo3.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 22:11:58 -0500

Hello,

This issue is described in http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1545041 and http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2204729.

Basically, when returning a list of JAXB objects, somehow it automagically places a plural wrapper element (I don't think it somehow references the JAXB objects) around the name, but it is in lower case. The responses on SO say that Paul had said it was a known issue and suggested introducing another class with XmlElementWrapper. However, I already have another class (People as a list of Person), but most of my methods returns List<Person>, so I'm having to update each method to create People object and copy all that data in (can't even set the list, since set method isn't generated by JAXB)..

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

-jr