users@jaxb.java.net

Re: Help about "[ERROR] XPath error: null"

From: Nicolas VINOT <aeris_at_imirhil.fr>
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2011 10:45:57 +0200

On Wed, 1 Jun 2011 10:11:42 +0200, Wolfgang Laun <wolfgang.laun_at_gmail.com>
wrote:
> If you have a handwritten class X containing methods, they can't very
well
> be methods of a generated class Y that use any member from Y.

In my case, I use only few Y methods, so X abstract those methods and I
can use Y methods indirecly.

// handwritten
abstract X {
    abstract Foo getFoo();

    void doCustom() {
        getFoo();
    }
}

// generated
Y extends X {
    Foo getFoo();
}

> There's no limit for the number of methods. Any amount of code can be in
an
> insertion.

The limit is not a software limit but a developper limit =)
I prefer dev those methods on a real class to use IDE functions (error
detection, completion, unit tests…) instead of bloated blob on XSD.

--
Nicolas VINOT