users@jaxb.java.net

composite web service - Problems with XMLSerializable interface

From: stam123 <oren.berenson_at_friendsprovident.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 09:00:28 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I am working on a composite web service. I have a schema for service A, a
schema for Service B and a schema for common types, which is referenced by
two schemas A and B.

I compile each service alone and package them in separate jars.

I then have a code in service A, which populates an object from Service B
jar and tries to marshal it (the object contains some properties from the
common schema). At this point I get a NullPointerException from
GrammarInfoImpl. The reason for that is that the common types from jar A
implement a different XMLSerializable then the common types from jar B.

In jar A the common types implement com.A.impl.runtime.XMLSerializable
In jar B the common types implement com.B.impl.runtime.XMLSerializable

The generated code of GrammarInfoImpl is:
    public XMLSerializable castToXMLSerializable(Object o) {
        if( o instanceof XMLSerializable ) {
             return (XMLSerializable)o;
        } else {
            return null;
        }
    }

Is there any way to force the package of XMLSerializable so it is the same
in both compilations? If not, what else can I do?

Thanks