users@jaxb.java.net

annotated (javadoc=>complexType/annotation/documentation)

From: Andy Malakov <nabblespam_at_malakov.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 18:12:37 -0800 (PST)

Hello All,

In our project we derive XML schema from Java data model (using
XmlSchemaGenerator). We want to provide XML schema document as a
specification for our web service and want to generate schema documentation
from Java.

It could be based on javadoc for mapped classes and properties; or some kind
of annotations [e.g. @SchemaDocumentation('blah-blah')]; or an extension of
JAXB annotations: @XmlElement(documentation='blah-blah').

I can see two ways:

1. The simplest way would be generating documentation as a separate set of
HTML documents using JAXB reflection API.

2. Alternative approach will be patch XmlSchemaGenerator. For example, add
documentation block in XmlSchemaGenerator.Namespace.writeClass().

Could you please comment or provide alternative suggestions?

Best Regards,
Andy