users@jaxb.java.net

Re: XML serialization with JAXB verse XML serialization with XMLSpy

From: Farrukh Najmi <farrukh_at_wellfleetsoftware.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 09:29:00 -0500

Sharon Dafner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am new to xml and JAXB.
> I am trying to understand the pros & cons of using JAXB schema generated
> code verses the pros and cons of using XMLSpy schema generated code and I
> don't even know how to start. I looked at the generated code by both and the
> approach and API's seems to be quit different.
> Does any one knows/understands the main differences and there implication on
> what you can do and ease of use?

When two alternatives provide me the same value (not sure if that is the
case in your situation) I always go with the alternative that is
standard's based and open open source. Personally I would not build a
project based upon XML Spy generated code. I have used JAXB RI for many
years and am really impressed with its quality, functionality and
extensibility. The community is really terrific too.

--
Regards,
Farrukh Najmi