users@jaxb.java.net

jaxb2-commons plugins

From: Aleksei Valikov <valikov_at_gmx.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 11:38:44 +0100

Hi guys,

This is a message to all the JAXB plugin developers who host their
plugins in jaxb2-commons.

First of all thank you all for sharing your efforts. It's great what you do.

What I'd like to propose is to integrate single JAXB plugin projects
into a common Maven2 build. It is not too much work, but will
definitely bring some added value:

* Plugins will be distributed via the dev.java.net Maven repo and
therefore immediately available to Maven2 builds.
* jaxb2-commons is under our (corporate) continuous integration server
(Hudson) - more stability of the released artifacts.
* Maven2 advantages (like dependency management and so on).
* Common testing infrastructure - not just plugin code but also sample
projects which test/illustrate usage of the plugin.

I think these are sufficient reasons. And I am ready to invest my time
to help you port your JAXB2 plugin projects onto Maven and integrate
them into the jaxb2-commons Maven build.

Please let me know if you're interested.

Bye.
/lexi