users@jaxb.java.net

Re: The JAXB book

From: Aleksei Valikov <valikov_at_gmx.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 15:08:46 +0200

Hi.

> I am very new to this mailing list and to JAXB itself. Yes of course, I
> would appreciate a book that covers JAXB 2.0 in detail. There is already a
> German book devoted solely to JAXB 2.0 available:
>
> http://www.amazon.de/JAXB-2-0-Samuel-Michaelis/dp/3446407537/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1
> /302-2258488-7767209?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1190981767&sr=8-1)
>
> It very much helped me to get started with JAXB 2.0. Although there are many
> code examples, it stops when things get interesting.

Well, yes, JAXB becomes very tricky beyond some point.

The thing is, I've been developing with JAXB and for JAXB since ages -
as well as supporting fellow JAXB users in mailing lists and so on.
Sometimes I really for a good JAXB book which would not only tell you
how to invoke XJC but describe in-depth what is generated, how and
why.

I've mailed O'Reilly if they would be interested in such a
publications. If some of you guys have inside contacts in publishing
companies who could be interested, please let me know.
I promise I'll write a good book.

Bye.
/lexi