users@jaxb.java.net

Re: jaxb 2.1.4 plural property names

From: jesse crossley <jesse.crossley_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 14:59:03 -0700 (PDT)

upon further review,
the problem has been narrowed down to an issue when using xjc with -wsdl,
-extension, and <xjc:simple> mode (it's even hinted about
http://forums.java.net/jive/thread.jspa?messageID=229654 here ) but the
problem still lies in machine specific behaviour.

using the org.jvnet maven-jaxb2-plugin-0.4 and backing it with
jaxb-impl-2.1.4 and jaxb-xjc-2.1.4
and trying to produce bindings for a bunch of wsdl files with embedded and
imported schemas
so when i run on my machine, my bindings.xjb is ignored, the wsdl is bound,
but since the xjb was ignored, i get singular methods (ie getCircleRecord).
when run on other machines, we end up with plural methods, as if the
bindings.xjb file was found and <xjc:simple/> was applied.

AND when using xjc directly thusly:
java -jar jaxb-xjc.jar -wsdl -extension -b bindings.xjb wsdl
my wsdl was bound, but the simple mode listed in my bindings.xjb was not
used (still needs to be tested on other machines -- i'll see if i can cook
up a simple test scenario).

so where's the disconnect? why would the maven-jaxb2-plugin use xjc 2.1.4
differently on two different machines? i'm going to have a look at the
2.1.4 source later on...maybe there's something obvious in there...