users@jaxb.java.net

xjb and wsdl don't always play nice in 2.1.4

From: jesse crossley <jesse.crossley_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 00:02:06 -0700 (PDT)

i've found that i cannot reliably convince xjc to use my bindings.xjb file
when binding wsdl. at first i thought i was facing a possible maven issue,
but further investigation reveals that even when using the jaxb-xjc-2.1.4
jar delivered in the JAXB2_20070711.jar (thereby removing all other possible
distractions) that my bindings file is ignored completely.

using this http://www.nabble.com/file/p12401459/sample.wsdl sample.wsdl
and this http://www.nabble.com/file/p12401459/bindings.xjb bindings.xjb , i
called
jaxb-2.1.4/JAXB-RI-20070711/lib->java -jar jaxb-xjc.jar -extension -wsdl -b
bindings.xjb sample.wsdl
and i got Cat.getKitty(), instead of Cat.getKitties().

what really makes me nervous, tho, is that if the xjb file was ignored, what
will i do when i really need to make customizations for wsdl? modifying the
wsdl (or xsd) has never been a real option for me, so external bindings are
the best way for me to circumvent poor schemas&wsdls.

i'm still perusing the jaxb 2.1.4 code, trying to see what could have
possibly gone south, but any extra info/direction would be appreciated,
thanks.