users@jaxb.java.net

Inline Customization, help explain error

From: Hank Ratzesberger <hankr_at_crustal.ucsb.edu>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 10:46:48 -0700

I was unable to fix a schema parsing issue using an external
bindings file -- probably because the problem was in an included
schema file. Anyway, so I attempted inline customization.
After working past "jxb version not declared" and "binding path
results in NULL" (sorry, but I am paraphrasing these...) and
feeling that everything is just about right, I get the
error: Cannot find the declaration of element 'jxb:bindings'

This doesnt make any sense, because I was getting errors on
the node binding. Now I don't know how to proceed.

Thanks for any tips,
Hank Ratzesberger
UCSB

The top level schema element:

<xs:schema targetNamespace="http://www.opengis.net/swe/1.0"
 xmlns:swe="http://www.opengis.net/swe/1.0"
 xmlns:gml="http://www.opengis.net/gml"
 elementFormDefault="qualified"
 attributeFormDefault="unqualified" version="1.0"
 xmlns:jxb="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/jaxb"
 xmlns:xjc="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/jaxb/xjc"
 jxb:extensionBindingPrefixes="xjc"
 jxb:version="1.0">

The binding:

<xs:element name="GeoLocationArea" substitutionGroup="swe:AbstractDataRecord">
<xs:annotation>
<xs:documentation>Area used to define bounding boxes</xs:documentation>
<xs:appinfo>
 <jxb:bindings node="../../../xs:complexType/xs:complexContent/xs:extension/xs:attribute">
  <jxb:class name="aName"/>
 </jxb:bindings>
</xs:appinfo>
</xs:annotation>
<xs:complexType>
<xs:complexContent>
<xs:extension base="swe:AbstractVectorType">
<xs:sequence>
<xs:element name="member" type="swe:EnvelopePropertyType" maxOccurs="unbounded">
<xs:annotation>
<xs:documentation>Is this an aggregate geometry?</xs:documentation>
</xs:annotation>
</xs:element>
</xs:sequence>
<xs:attribute name="name" type="xs:token"/>
</xs:extension>
</xs:complexContent>
</xs:complexType>
</xs:element>

The error message:

[java] parsing a schema...
[java] [ERROR] cvc-elt.1: Cannot find the declaration of element 'jxb:bindings'.
[java] line 97 of file:positionTypes.xsd
[java] Failed to parse a schema.