users@jaxb.java.net

Re: (JAXB Plugin) Customize the body of a setter method to fire bound properties

From: Chris Campbell <Christopher.Campbell_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 12:42:51 -0800

Hi Kohsuke,

Kohsuke Kawaguchi wrote:
> Chris Campbell wrote:
>> 1) I just tried it with the xjc that comes with JDK 6, and the option
>> wasn't recognized (says "unrecognized parameter -Xinject-listener-
>> code"):
>> % xjc -classpath property-listener-injector-1.0.jar -Xinject-listener-
>> code catalog.xsd
>>
>> However, the plugin works fine if I run it using the xjc that comes
>> with JAXB 2.1 RI. So is this plugin dependent on JAXB 2.1? Is there
>> a reason why it wouldn't work with the JAXB 2.0 that comes with JDK 6?
>

> JavaSE has a much much higher bar in terms of maintaining the
> compatibility. So we chose not to support plugins with JAXB
> implementation in JavaSE. If you'd like to use plugins, please download
> the JAXB RI from http://jaxb.dev.java.net/.

Makes sense...

> I probably don't need to rely on JAXB 2.1. I'll check if I can pick a
> lesser version.

Actually, I'm not too concerned about the plugin relying on JAXB 2.1, as
long as it is able to generate artifacts that are compatible with JAXB
2.0 (and therefore JDK 6). In other words, it should be possible to use
the xjc that comes with JAXB 2.1 (and Jerome's plugin) to generate beans
that can be deployed on JDK 6 (without needing to also deploy JAXB 2.1),
correct?

Thanks,
Chris