users@jaxb.java.net

Re: JWSDP 1.6 Jars

From: Kohsuke Kawaguchi <Kohsuke.Kawaguchi_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2006 16:07:02 -0800

Sorry for a delay in response. I've been taking vacation. I know you
sent me a private e-mail on this.

Gregory Kick wrote:
> Does anybody know the specifics on the licensing terms for JWSDP? I
> was wondering whether or not it'd be possible to put the
> "redistributable components" into the maven2-repository_at_d.j.n
> (complete with dependency information and the correct groupIds).
>
> Until recently I had largely ignored all of this, but being forced
> back into java 1.4 has made it more of an issue. If any of you Sun
> guys know the legal stuff, a little insight would be appreciated. If
> it doesn't work out, I'd be glad to put the poms in there with the
> download link anyway.

Which components are you refering to? JWSDP has a different licensing
terms for each of its component, so I can't make a blanket statement
about whether it's OK or not.

We have to work through them one by one.

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi