users@jaxb.java.net

Re: maven-jaxb2-plugin and hyperjaxb3

From: Kohsuke Kawaguchi <Kohsuke.Kawaguchi_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 17:06:44 -0700

Aleksei Valikov wrote:
> Hibernate3 mapping generation of Hyperjaxb3 is almoust ready. What I'm missing
> right now is hibernate.cfg.xml generation and equals/hashCode generation. Both
> are important pieces. Generating hibernate.cfg.xml is not a big problem,
> equals/hashCode are a bit harder.

Is equals/hashCode generation something people can use outside of
hyperjaxb3? It's been one of the oldest bug report filed against JAXB
(with the issue number #3)

> Having these two things done would allow for running test projects (i.e.
> building/testing code/mapping generation). They will make Hibernate3 part of
> Hyperjaxb3 usable.
>
> What should then follow is JPA/EJB3/JDO or whatever implementations.
>
> maven-jaxb2-plugin and hyperjaxb3 are fully checked in, so you are welcome to
> check these projects out and experiment with them.

I should really try this out...

Meanwhile, if anyone tries it out, please blog it and let me know, so
that I can link to it.

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi