users@jaxb.java.net

maven-jaxb2-plugin and hyperjaxb3

From: Aleksei Valikov <valikov_at_gmx.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 13:31:49 +0200

Hi.

This is the message for those interested in hyperjaxb3.

I've developed maven-jaxb2-plugin a bit further, there's new "tests" module
which demonstrates the usage of the plugin.
I've also added a new "testing" module which allows for easily executing the
maven-jaxb2-plugin from own apps (for isntance as unit test). This helps in
debugging jaxb plugins a lot.

I've also restructured the hyperjaxb3 project a bit. There's now maven2 plugin
for hyperjaxb3 (maven-plugin module) as well as tests module which contains test
scenarios for hyperjaxb3. Running

mvn install

in tests dir builds each of the test projects with pre-configured
maven-hyperjaxb3-plugin. Specific test projects may, of course, re-configure the
plugin if they need some specific features.

Default test configuration generates a roundtrip test. After the code/mappings
are generated, they will be tested. This should ensure that generated mappings
do actually work.

Hibernate3 mapping generation of Hyperjaxb3 is almoust ready. What I'm missing
right now is hibernate.cfg.xml generation and equals/hashCode generation. Both
are important pieces. Generating hibernate.cfg.xml is not a big problem,
equals/hashCode are a bit harder.

Having these two things done would allow for running test projects (i.e.
building/testing code/mapping generation). They will make Hibernate3 part of
Hyperjaxb3 usable.

What should then follow is JPA/EJB3/JDO or whatever implementations.

maven-jaxb2-plugin and hyperjaxb3 are fully checked in, so you are welcome to
check these projects out and experiment with them.

Bye.
/lexi