users@jaxb.java.net

Re: maven-jaxb2-plugin and hyperjaxb3

From: Aleksei Valikov <valikov_at_gmx.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 13:23:55 +0200

Hi.

>> Hibernate3 mapping generation of Hyperjaxb3 is almoust ready. What I'm
>> missing right now is hibernate.cfg.xml generation and equals/hashCode
>> generation. Both are important pieces. Generating hibernate.cfg.xml is
>> not a big problem, equals/hashCode are a bit harder.
>
> Is equals/hashCode generation something people can use outside of
> hyperjaxb3?

Yes of course. This will be generic functionality, similar to the
equals/hashCode and extendedEquals/extendedHashCode add-ons from jaxbcommons.

hyperjaxb3 is a multi-module project. Two primary modules, hyperjaxb3-tools and
hyperjaxb3-runtime are useful outside of the hyperjaxb3 context.
hyperjaxb3-tools is a collection of generic tools and plugins like equals,
hashCode, clone, i18n and so on. There's also an interesting idea of writing the
JAXB2-based diff tool. (I'll have a EU-funded research project next year, I'll
have then time/money for a couple of nice experiments).

hyperjaxb3-tools is used only for the code generation. The generated code is
supported by hyperjaxb3-runtime. The latter contains various utility runtime
code, interfaces and so on.

These two modules are useful outside of the hyperjaxb3 context (they do not
depend on things like hibernate and so on).

> It's been one of the oldest bug report filed against
> JAXB (with the issue number #3)

Yes but there was a problem with spec people - value-based equals and hashCode
do not seem strictly spec-conformant. I think putting it into a plugin is a good
solution.

Bye.
/lexi