users@jaxb.java.net

Re: JAXB Vs Castor

From: Aleksei Valikov <valikov_at_gmx.net>
Date: Sat, 01 Jul 2006 17:14:49 +0200

Hi.

> I am using Castor opensource tool for java binding in project. It works
> fine for the requirements we have (We just do XML to Java and Java to
> XML binding).
> From last few days I was looking into JAXB1.0.6 (we use JDK 1.4.2.11
> <http://1.4.2.11>) to implement same work. Everything works out fine but
> the problem is Java class structure created in JAXB is much more
> different than generated by Castor. So, we require to modify our code to
> make it work with JAXB.
>
> Is there any way in JAXB to generate same Java Class structure that is
> generated by Castor? We are interested in plug n play components of
> JAXB and Castor. So we can adapt to what ever technology we want to with
> no actual code change.
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated.

JAXB RI generates code according to the JAXB spec, no more no less. You can
influence this generation a bit with add-ons and plugins, but I don't thing you
can get exactly the same results as with Castor.

If Castor satisfies your requirements, I don't see any particular reason to move
to JAXB.

Bye.
/lexi