users@jaxb.java.net

JAXB Vs Castor

From: Akash Pandya <akashpandya_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2006 07:30:11 -0400

Hi,
I am using Castor opensource tool for java binding in project. It works fine
for the requirements we have (We just do XML to Java and Java to XML
binding).
From last few days I was looking into JAXB1.0.6 (we use JDK 1.4.2.11) to
implement same work. Everything works out fine but the problem is Java class
structure created in JAXB is much more different than generated by Castor.
So, we require to modify our code to make it work with JAXB.

Is there any way in JAXB to generate same Java Class structure that is
generated by Castor? We are interested in plug n play components of JAXB
and Castor. So we can adapt to what ever technology we want to with no
actual code change.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Akash