users@jaxb.java.net

Re: JAXB 2.0 Getting Started or Migration document

From: Kohsuke Kawaguchi <Kohsuke.Kawaguchi_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 15:47:47 -0700

Johnny Tolliver wrote:
> Is there a JAXB 2.0 "Getting Started" document anywhere?

Not that I know of. Do you know of any such document for 1.x? Maybe we
can take that and update it for 2.0, as most of the things are the same.

I hope samples bundled in the RI serves for a similar purpose. They show
you the basic pieces.

> How about a JAXB 2.0 Migration document (from 1.x)?

This document doesn't exist. Doing this comprehensively is a
considerable amount of work, but maybe all you are looking for is an
article that explains key differences between JAXB 1.0 and 2.0?

> The tutorials at java.net seem to be 1.x related, not 2.0. Or am I looking in
> the wrong place?

I believe the tutorial for JAXB 2.0 is on its way... oh wait, it's
already there!

See chapter 16 of http://java.sun.com/javaee/5/docs/tutorial/doc/

I should link this from our project.

--