users@jaxb.java.net

Binding the w3c meta-schema

From: <matthias.pfau_at_finanzit.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 07:53:56 +0200

Hi,
i just tried to bind the w3c Schema for Schemas from
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema.xsd. Unfortunately this just failed.

I was able to solve the first problem: You get an "unknown location"- Error
until you remove the whole dtd-declaration from the root element of the
schema.

I got other errors like
     [java] [ERROR] src-resolve: Cannot resolve the name 'xml:lang' to a(n)
'attribute declaration' component.
     [java] line 200 of
file:/M:/eclipse/Benutzer_Workspaces/a101a17/u/workspace/diplomImplementierung/etc/XMLSchema.xsd

after that. These errors have gone since I removed two of these elements:
     <xs:attribute ref="xml:lang"/>
This is definately not ok, because I modified the schema which I didn't
want to. I did this just to see if I can get it to work.

Now I get the following error:
     [java] [ERROR] java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out:
connect

I'm a bit frustrated because I do not know how to get this right...

I would appreciate any help :)

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
Matthias