users@jaxb.java.net

Re: [jaxb-1.x & maven-2] Can i upload jaxb jars into maven2-repository.dev.java.net ?

From: Gregory Kick <gk5885_at_kickstyle.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 15:37:54 -0700

Joost,

The example you provided has to do with conventions for the groupId,
which I don't see as an issue for any of the projects in the java.net
repository. My concern is about whether or not jaxb versions 1 and 2
are different versions of the same set of artifact or different sets
entirely. I can imagine arguments either way, but I found it
puzzling that the api and impl seem to be treated differently in that
regard. I brought it up because once artifacts get placed in a
repository it is generally a bad idea to move them later so i just
wanted to make sure that there was consensus on artifactIds and
versions.

greg kick
http://kickstyle.net/