users@jaxb.java.net

Re: jaxb with maven

From: Aleksei Valikov <valikov_at_gmx.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 09:29:39 +0200

Hi.

> I would like keep the number of options to a minimum and follow the features
> found for the xjc compiler
> (https://jaxb.dev.java.net/nonav/jaxb20-fcs/docs/xjcTask.html).

Well, "depends" and "produces" can't be configured with command line arguments...

> Adding more
> options can make it confusing for new users to quickly start using the
> plugin. These parameters you propose do not seem necessary for the
> majority.

I still think that you must allow users turn depends/produces on/off. In your
Mojo, you per default enable the options that were not enabled per default in
any of the XJC versions and provide no way to disable it. Ok, this may be not
four attributes, but at least boolean "depends" and "produces" are required.

> I believe you can achieve the same effect by deleting a file in the target
> directory or by calling:
>
> mvn clean jaxb:generate

Well, with mvn builds - yes. But I often execute code generation from via unit
tests. I've a unit test that invokes the Mojo to generate the files and in this
scenario I have no "clean" option.

Do you really think that "depends" and "produces" configuration attributes
turned on by default really harm usability that much?

Bye.
/lexi