users@jaxb.java.net

Re: Help : webmethod with interfaces as parameter and return result

From: Kohsuke Kawaguchi <Kohsuke.Kawaguchi_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 15:36:11 -0700

Prisca Moine wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am a new JAX-B user, aiming at exposing an EJB as a Web Service. I am
> currently facing a problem concerning interfaces: the web method I'd
> like to expose have interfaces as parameter and result type :
>
> /*_at_WebMethod
> * public *TroubleTicketKey*
> createTroubleTicketByValue(*TroubleTicketValue* value)
>
> /where /*TroubleTicketKey */and /*TroubleTicketValue */are interfaces.
>
> As JAX-Bcan't handle with interface, I was looking after a solution
> indicating to JAX-B which implementation class should correspond to the
> interfaces used.
>
> I already had a look at the JAX-WS forum on
> http://forums.java.net/jive/forum.jspa?forumID=46, where I found part of
> the solution :
> Using the annotation :
> @XmlJavaTypeAdapter(value=TroubleTicketValueImplAdapter.class) and the
> correspondent class, I solve the problem for /*TroubleTicketValue */but
> this problem with interface is recurrent in my case (this method use
> many interface defintion) and I ahve not yet found the right solution...
>
> I would really appreciate any help from you. Thanks a lot in advance.

I think it's good to keep the related discussion in one place --- I
handle so many user supports and my small brain can't remember exactly
what your issue was.

If you already started a thread on the forum, let's stick there. If we
identified bugs, let's file those to the issue tracker.

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi