users@jaxb.java.net

Re: Javadoc package.html and overview.html with external bindings

From: Kohsuke Kawaguchi <Kohsuke.Kawaguchi_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 15:13:39 -0700

Andrew Hughes wrote:
> My javadocs are also faily large, so I would like to keep them as seperate html
> files rather than place them as CDATA inside the xjb's. Sure I could use ant to
> copy the package.html files into the bound classes directory, but this seems
> like a function of the binding operation. Maybe I will have to copy them in with
> my ant target????

Ah, but if you want to write it as an html, sounds like it's best to
just write package.html and copy over. I mean, what do you expect XJC to
do? Isn't it just as easy (and probably easier) to write an Ant copy
task, as opposed to use a JAXB customization to let XJC know about your
package.html so that XJC can copy it?

(Besides, I believe such customization doesn't exist today, actually.)