users@jaxb.java.net

Re: XJC plugin for custom Java names capitalization

From: Kohsuke Kawaguchi <Kohsuke.Kawaguchi_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2006 12:36:19 -0800

Nicola Fagnani wrote:
> I wrote a very very simple plugin to solve a little but annoying
> problem I found with a schema I had to work with and that I could not
> touch.
> The problem is this: the schema authors choose to use all upper case
> tags for XML elements, using an underscore as separator character for
> multi word tags (example: A_COMPOSITE_WORD).
> A more detailed discussion and the code for the plugin can be found
> at this thread on jaxb forums:
>
> http://forums.java.net/jive/thread.jspa?threadID=13227&tstart=0
>
> Now I'd like to share this little contribution, so I'm writing here
> to have some direction on the best way to do it.

I think we should host it on jaxb2-commons. I need to know your java.net
account ID to add you (which I already know), and the name of this plugin.

You wrote that this is "capitalize-all" plugin, but it seems to me that
it's the opposite of capitalization. Maybe you'd like to call it
"downcase-all"? Once I know the name, I can set up a CVS directory for
you to put your files etc.

Let me know how you think.

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi