users@jaxb.java.net

Re: Maven 2 xjc plugin - configuration settings

From: Malachi de Ælfweald <malachid_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 14:48:37 -0800

On 3/2/06, Kohsuke Kawaguchi <Kohsuke.Kawaguchi_at_sun.com> wrote:

> Malachi de Ælfweald wrote:

> specific
> >>
> >> No, they don't. A list is suffice, actually.
> >

> > Any reason we can't just specify the parent directory and let it find
> them
> > recursively like it does with the XSD files?
>
> We do that. In XJC ant task you can do:
>
> <binding dir="src/main/schemas" includes="**/*.jaxb" />
>
> or something like that.

but from the XJC command line (which is where I took the specs from) it says
that each one has to be listed on the command-line; whereas you don't have
to list each XSD... The underlying Driver handles them differently...?

> Yeah, I understand that. I had considered calling the Ant task directly
> at
> > first too. And I do think there are specific people that it would be
> easier
> > for.
>
> I really want just one Maven2 plugin with one syntax. I'm just trying to
> better understand what syntax works better.

I understand. But, realistically, if we do make a Maven2-specific plugin;
won't the Ant task still have to be maintained for Ant-users?

Mal