users@jaxb.java.net

RE: Maven 2 Jaxb2 plugin use

From: Jonathan Johnson <jonjohnson_at_mail.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 22:44:05 -0500

> One question, though. Can Maven2 install a plugin from a maven1 (AKA
> legacy) repository?

If you mean can Maven 2 download and install a Maven 1 plugin from a Maven 1
legacy repository?

I think M2 can download jars but not plugins from a M1 structure repository.
Since plugins and other significant features changed radically between m1
and m2 I would assume this would not be possible. If you have a M1
repository I think M2 can download a jar from it so long as you define the
repository as legacy like so...

    <repositories>
        <repository>
            <id>java.net</id>