users@jaxb.java.net

JAXB compilation plugin

From: Jonathan Johnson <jonjohnson_at_mail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 23:17:04 -0500

On Jan 3, 2006 Kohsuke Kawaguchi announced
(http://weblogs.java.net/blog/kohsuke/archive/2006/01/jaxb_jars_are_a.html)
that he published the JAXB jars to the Maven repository. This is a good
thing, but half the equation. What Maven 2 needs for JAXB users is a Maven
2 plugin. Something that will generate the java source from your schema
inside of Maven. So far this does not exist. I tried the Jaxme2 JAXB
plugin for Maven 2 and it didn't work for me.

Kohsuke suggested creating a JAXB 2 Maven plugin for java.net. Both the
JAXB and Maven efforts could benefit from this - so here we go...

I invite anyone to contribute advice for the following...

Requirements for the JAXB/Mavin 2 plugin.
JAXB generation procedures, configurations and gotchas
Maven 2 plugin development
Understand how Jaxme works and its current limitations.
If there are other areas I need to investigate let me know.

< Bare with me I'm an old Ant and Castor hack who is trying to improve his
ways ;-) >

- Jonathan