users@jaxb.java.net

Re: JAXB compilation plugin

From: <jastrachan_at_mac.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 10:45:55 +0000

On 27 Jan 2006, at 04:17, Jonathan Johnson wrote:

> On Jan 3, 2006 Kohsuke Kawaguchi announced (http://weblogs.java.net/
> blog/kohsuke/archive/2006/01/jaxb_jars_are_a.html) that he
> published the JAXB jars to the Maven repository. This is a good
> thing, but half the equation. What Maven 2 needs for JAXB users is
> a Maven 2 plugin. Something that will generate the java source
> from your schema inside of Maven. So far this does not exist. I
> tried the Jaxme2 JAXB plugin for Maven 2 and it didn't work for me.
>
> Kohsuke suggested creating a JAXB 2 Maven plugin for java.net.
> Both the JAXB and Maven efforts could benefit from this - so here
> we go...
>
> I invite anyone to contribute advice for the following...
>
> Requirements for the JAXB/Mavin 2 plugin.
> JAXB generation procedures, configurations and gotchas
> Maven 2 plugin development
> Understand how Jaxme works and its current limitations.
> If there are other areas I need to investigate let me know.
>
> < Bare with me I'm an old Ant and Castor hack who is trying to
> improve his ways ;-) >

Sounds great :)

I recently helped out on a Maven 2 plugin for RetroTranslator. An
invaluable way to help figure out how to write m2 plugins is to see
how others have done similar things. The Mojo project has lots of
different plugins that you can get good ideas from to see how m2
works etc.

https://svn.mojo.codehaus.org/mojo/trunk/mojo/

e.g. take a look at the castor plugin for inspiration :)

Incidentally if it helps any, there's an m1 and m2 build using JAXB 2
here...
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/servicemix/trunk/servicemix-
wsn2005/

James