users@jaxb.java.net

Re: avoiding anonymous complex types to generate fewer classes?

From: Kohsuke Kawaguchi <Kohsuke.Kawaguchi_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 16:19:18 -0700

The article A talks about what kind of schemas typically yield a simpler
JAXB generated classes.

The article B talks about good practices that I advocate when you design
schemas. But it doesn't necessarily yield a simpler JAXB generated
classes. And it might be worth noting that the article predates JAXB.

Personally, and not everyone agrees with this, but I think it's
unfortunate that JAXB 1.0 can't produce a better binding for schemas
that follow my DOs and DON'Ts, but in 2.0, the handling of anonymous
complex types will be improved.

regards,
--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi