users@jaxb.java.net

duplicate classes error?

From: Nick Pellow <nick.pellow_at_mindmatics.de>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 09:39:24 +0200

Hi,

I have attached an XSD I am attempting to generate classes from using
JAXB. For some reason, I believe, JAXB does not handle the xs:extension
element too well.

I get the following errors when running xjc over the xsd:

 [xjc] [ERROR] A class/interface with the same name
"com.mindmatics.sms.transport.crisp.Credentials" is already in use.
 [xjc] line 37 of crisp_1_0.xsd

 [xjc] [ERROR] (Relevant to above error) another one is generated from here.
 [xjc] line 32 of crisp_1_0.xsd

 [xjc] [ERROR] A class/interface with the same name
"com.mindmatics.sms.transport.crisp.Status" is already in use.
 [xjc] line 67 of crisp_1_0.xsd

 [xjc] [ERROR] (Relevant to above error) another one is generated from here.
 [xjc] line 62 of crisp_1_0.xsd

Is this a known problem, or am I doing something wrong? If I use an XSD
without
the
        <xs:extension base="credentials">
or

        <xs:extension base="status">
elements, JAXB generates the classes without a problem.

Has anyone else seen this before?

Cheers,
Nick.