users@jaxb.java.net

Multiple Schemas

From: TJB <thefox_at_mts.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 10:27:10 -0600

Hello all,

I'm so excited about JAXB, what a wonderful way to deal with XML and
stay close to the Java! I had compiled the samples a while back and
have been busy getting data together for schemas ever since.

When I compiled the samples in JAXB 1.0 it seemed to me that multiple
runtime packages were created, one per schema. What I have in mind is
to have multiple schemas for a number of parts in the application, the
more the merrier. The thing not yet clear to me is why duplicate
runtime packages are generated and also how large the resulting code
might be when using multiple schemas?

Also if there are new tutorials that can shed light on how to generate
and re-generate schemas at anytime while not messing with code
implemented from the generated interfaces that would be helpful as well.

PS. By the way, how is the SVG schema compiling with JAXB now?

There is much to learn and do,

Thom