users@jaxb.java.net

RE: Multiple Schemas

From: Robert Lowe <rmlowe_at_rmlowe.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 00:40:31 +0800

> When I compiled the samples in JAXB 1.0 it seemed to me that multiple
> runtime packages were created, one per schema. What I have in mind is
> to have multiple schemas for a number of parts in the application, the
> more the merrier. The thing not yet clear to me is why duplicate
> runtime packages are generated and also how large the resulting code
> might be when using multiple schemas?

You can compile multiple schemas with a single invocation of xjc; if you do
that, only one impl.runtime package is generated.

Or, if you want to compile the schemas separately, use xjc's -use-runtime
<pkg> command line option to reuse the impl.runtime package from another
schema and hence avoid duplicating it.

Best regards,

Robert Lowe
http://RMLowe.com/