users@jaxb.java.net

Re: [ANN] JAXB 1.0.2 now available in JWSDP 1.3

From: Mark Brouwer <mark.brouwer_at_virgil.nl>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 15:29:04 +0200

Ryan Shoemaker - JavaSoft East wrote:

> We are pleased to announce that JAXB 1.0.2 has been released as part of
> the Java Web Services Developer Pack 1.3 which can be downloaded from:
>
> http://java.sun.com/webservices/webservicespack.html
>
> The on-line release notes and changelog for JAXB are accessible here:
>
> http://java.sun.com/webservices/docs/1.3/jaxb/ReleaseNotes.html
> http://java.sun.com/webservices/docs/1.3/jaxb/changelog.html

It scared the hell out of me to see that all the JAXB jar files
increased about 40 - 50% from the 1.0.1 to 1.0.2 release. Further
investigations showed that the jar files have no compression (also the
shared jar files). There is also a documentation bugs for the XJC
command line tool as all the parameters disappeared because of some
malformed HTML.

Hope this won't require an another official release,
--
Mark Brouwer