users@jaxb.java.net

Re: Root element with anyType

From: Kohsuke Kawaguchi <Kohsuke.Kawaguchi_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 17:09:13 -0700

> First, as I was testing a simple example schema, it seemed to work (or at
> least not throw an error). So I compiled my actual schema alone and it
> worked then too. However, when compiled with all the other schemas at once,
> the problem crops up. Interestingly, it creates an
> org.w3._2001.xmlschema.AnyType class (and others) instead of using
> java.lang.Object. Any thoughts on this? Anyway, I'm trying to narrow down
> what triggers the problem accurately before posting the bug.

XJC should be using org.w3._2001.xmlschema.AnyType whenever xs:anyType
is referenced. So that is the expected behavior.

I have to admit that I'm glad it doesn't break in a simple case :-)

> Second, I think the Bug Database needs to have the version drop-down entries
> updated for 1.0.2 (and maybe the rest of the new JWSDP components). This
> may be already on the list of to-do's, but I figured I would let you know.

Thanks for letting us know of this problem. I just assumed that it has
been taken care of, but apparently I was wrong.

regards,
--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi