users@jaxb.java.net

Re: [ANN] JAXB 1.0.2 now available in JWSDP 1.3

From: Kohsuke Kawaguchi <Kohsuke.Kawaguchi_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 15:19:57 -0700

> JAXP is shipped in the J2SDK_1.4.*, right?

Yes, but it is also available as a part of JWSDP. You don't need to use
JDK1.4 to use a newer JAXP.

> If I update my JAXB .jar files from the JWSDP_1.3 archive, do I need to also
> need to override the JAXP libs in the J2SDK with the ones from the
> JWSDP_1.3?

We do recommend you to do so, and our tests have been done in that way,
but AFAIK there's no hard dependency. So you can use any version and it
should work.

But upgrading JAXP as well would be the smoothest experience for you.

> (I assume I would need to use the endorse mechanism for the JAXP
> jar's?)

Yes.

> And this won't introduce issues with my (older) J2SDK_1.4.*
> releases?

It shouldn't. But keep your old copy just in case it breaks something!

> I'm not in a position to update my J2SDK_1.4 version, but I would like to
> update to the latest version of JAXB. I'd like to ensure I don't cause
> havoc.

regards,
--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi