users@jaxb.java.net

RE: [ANN] JAXB 1.0.2 now available in JWSDP 1.3

From: Philip, Tim <Tim_Philip_at_intuit.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 15:13:51 -0700

> We are pleased to announce that JAXB 1.0.2 has been released
> as part of
> the Java Web Services Developer Pack 1.3 which can be downloaded from:
>
> http://java.sun.com/webservices/webservicespack.html
>
> The on-line release notes and changelog for JAXB are accessible here:
>
> http://java.sun.com/webservices/docs/1.3/jaxb/ReleaseNotes.html
> http://java.sun.com/webservices/docs/1.3/jaxb/changelog.html

JAXP is shipped in the J2SDK_1.4.*, right?

If I update my JAXB .jar files from the JWSDP_1.3 archive, do I need to also
need to override the JAXP libs in the J2SDK with the ones from the
JWSDP_1.3? (I assume I would need to use the endorse mechanism for the JAXP
.jar's?) And this won't introduce issues with my (older) J2SDK_1.4.*
releases?

I'm not in a position to update my J2SDK_1.4 version, but I would like to
update to the latest version of JAXB. I'd like to ensure I don't cause
havoc.

Tim.